I am not a professional communicator. Never claimed to be one. When I need to write a story, I need help. Here are two resources I use.
- The Beyond Bullet Points template which sets out your story in 3 acts. This template guides you through the first 2 acts. Details of completing the third act can be found in the book, not in this template. This book is tied to PowerPoint but can be used more generally, which is what I do.
- Hooked on You – The genius way to make anybody read anything – by Ian Harris. This small book is a gem. Even the legal notice at the front of the book is worth reading.
Use digital tools for storytelling.
- I used Prezi to create The Story of the UK
- I used Storify to capture History Week 2014
- Flipagram. I’m still thinking about how I might use this.
If you are interested in storytelling and audio, look at the Transom.org website where you’ll find a whole host of information that might lead you to telling stories as a podcast.